Saturday, April 20, 2013

What.A.Week.

Been a longgggg week since I posted last.  Spent last Sunday night miserable as ever and as a result spent Monday morning (alllll morning) in the emergency room.  Let's just say, while we were counting on meeting our deductible this year, we thought we had until at least June... turns out we had until the very middle of April.

Anyways, the ER doctor gave us a bit of a scare by telling me that the baby is positioned such that it is smushing the tube that carries pee from my kidney to my bladder, causing a back-up of pee in my kidney, and therefore back pain- a diagnosis of hydrophrenosis.  A day later, the OB said that yes, this is likely happening, but that it's an odd day when it doesn't happen in a pregnant lady, and that is it likely not the cause of my back pain.  Whatever it is, I'm starting physical therapy again on Wednesday, so let's hope that it helps!

And then the vomiting started... I swear, I just bragged too much about such an easy first trimester :~/

Taking care of Mama
Almost a week later, my back still hurts, but I am mobile.  My skin is dry and flaky, but it is not itchy.  My stomach is weak, but I am eating. 24.5 more weeks until baby, and then the worrying can really begin!

15 weeks, 1 day
Yesterday, I got the first comment by someone who didn't previously know I was pregnant, but did just by looking at me!  Weird... I don't think the pictures always do my baby belly justice, but I'll keep trying!

Welcome home from my first day back to work
Came home from work on Thursday to this sight (^^^).  Six dog toys in 25 square feet?!  It's pretty clear who owns this house... as I told Brian, if I used hash-tags, I'd say #getusedtoit

Johnny's new trick:  You know these things that are supposed to keep dogs and babies safe?


Well, Johnny has learned to pull them out of the outlets.  I'm pretty sure they won't keep anyone safe all chewed up!  Next house, we get the sliding ones without removable pieces!


Less than three weeks until Brian graduates!  Just over six weeks until Brian starts working!  Less than three weeks until I see my parents!  Ahhhhhhhh...!

No comments:

Post a Comment