Saturday, May 16, 2015

An Apology, A Pity Party, and A Promise

I have not blogged and I am SORRY! Sorry to you, whoever reads this (if you even still do). Sorry to Leah, whose growing up will not be remembered unless written down and whose life is not written down except for in this blog. And sorry to myself for not even giving myself a chance to remember all those fun little things- and there are things every single day that I want to remember!

Things have just been so incredibly busy and exhausting that I laugh at myself when I even have a little thought about blogging because that probably means it comes at the cost of 30 minutes less sleep. My work is ramping up (finally!) and even when it was still less busy, I had to get used to using my brain at work again. It's been a long time since work required thinking and I love it, but I certainly am not accustomed to having to be "on" during ALL my waking hours. The learning curve is much larger than I remember from when I first started working, and I wasn't a mom then. So now it's mornings with Leah + work + evenings with Leah and it's totally doable it's just a lot and we haven't quite found our groove yet. Brian's been working INCREDIBLY hard: 60 hour work weeks with every morning starting at 5:30 at the gym. I am so proud of him, and I MISS HIM!  His days are long and he doesn't see Leah some nights. Doable? Yes. Preferable? Of course not. Just something else we have to figure out. Construction is cyclical so hopefully he will have some less busy weeks coming up (just in time for mine to start). Also, I raise my glass to single parents. Don't know how you manage. 

"But you have the weekends to relax" they say. Um no. We have had like six weekends since Thanksgiving with 1) being in town and 2) not having people visiting. Don't get me wrong, I love it! It's  all good celebrations taking us on the road and keep the visitors coming! But it is exhausting and not slated to stop until about... 2016 (so get your weekend reservations in at casa de aronson now while a few are still available!). 

I have been stressed and uptight and overwhelmed. (Side story: stress causes migraines. I was interviewing someone the other day while I had a borderline migraine and ran out to puke. Lovely.)  Two things that I enjoy and don't do enough of anymore? Reading and blogging.

SO. My promise is- one post a week. This promise is for me, and for my enjoyment and my memory... but you're more than welcome to read it! I think I'll start reading a book too!

Until next week, some pictures of my two-word phrase speaking, swim class taking, doorknob opening, ABC singing, bracelet loving, eczema covered, curly hair, I love you saying girl (that's your update since last post):

Swim class!

"Practice in the bathtub" they say at swim class. Are you kidding me?! Bath time is war in my house! I am hoping that swim lessons will make bath better, not the other way around!  It was almost instantaneous. I am pleased to announce that Leah asks for a bath every single night and no longer tries to climb out for the duration of the activity. Now the difficulty is now getting out :~)

Bracelets! Girl loves her accessories!

First teeny tiny ponytail

Photo cred: Leanne

Puzzles!

These glasses are broken now, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment