Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day weekend! We went to Phoenix for Brian's work conference. They put us up in a hotel, paid for food, and provided entertainment! I don't have too many pictures, so you'll just have to believe me as I tell you how relaxing and fun it was :~)

Friday morning when we got in Brian had a meeting, so Megan took me and Leah to visit SARRC. It was so fun to go back and see everyone although a few families I really wanted to see weren't at school that day. We were even the special guests at an always entertaining finance all-staff meeting! I told Danny if he offered me enough money to cover mine and Brian's salary+ then I'd come back, but I don't think that's happening, so onward we go. 

Friday night Amanda and Josh stayed with Leah while Brian and I indulged in a nice dinner downtown a quick walk from the hotel. 


Saturday Brian was in meetings all day so Leah and I met Bubbie, Grandpa, and Uncle Jeffrey for breakfast. Later, our old neighbors came to the hotel to swim with us.





Saturday night another SARRCie, Sam, stayed with Leah while Brian and I attended the McCarthy 150 birthday bash. It was cool meeting all the people Brian talks about from work, and McCarthy really knows how to throw a party!

Sunday morning I got the greatest card from Leah stating, "you don't have to wipe anyone's anything" today. Sweet!

We walked to a yummy little breakfast place downtown, took a short morning nap, and then went to the zoo. It was pretty much the best day!




Another plane ride home with a sleeping baby and thus ended my first Mother's Day (weekend). It was perfect in every way and filled with lots of reminders of how lucky I am to be the mommy of the sweetest baby girl and with the best daddy by my side (or in meetings).


Shout out to my other kid, Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment