Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Today is the Last Day

Today I am married to a 20-something year old.

Today we didn't do anything extraordinary or special, but it was a good day. Brian was home early enough to play with Leah while I made dinner and then we ate together- from start to finish! Leah babbled "dada" the whole time and Brian's smile never left his face. He loves that girl, and she loves him. Meanwhile, my beautiful fresh flowers were staring us in the face. Love it! Brian sure knows how to spend the $20 he found on the ground.
Leah went to sleep and Brian took Johnny for a walk; I fell asleep on the couch. Diamondbacks won, but that was about as extraordinary as our evening got. Now, Brian is snoring his way into the next decade of his life and I'm bursting with giddiness that tomorrow is such a big day!

Today is Brian's last day in his twenties. It was a good day- a good year, 29- and we're both excited to see what 30 will bring!




No comments:

Post a Comment