Monday, June 3, 2013

Moving Day: Part I

Pretty much everything was awesome this weekend.

Friday started with a Breakfast of Champions...



...in a not quite stuffed Uhaul (we STILL do not have more stuff than we thought we had, so everyone can stop asking)...


...with a scenic pit stop to fix the auto-transport (and 5 others to use the bathroom)...


...and a delicious snack to keep me happy (thanks Dana!)...


...and a daytime view of the Hoover Dam bridge and Lake Mead...



...before finally reaching our new home state (7 hours later)!


I was literally shaking as we signed the lease and entered the house that we just signed for, but hadn't yet seen (pictures in the next post), but it was more than I could have asked for.  Our cozy 1400 square foot house is just perfect for us!  Friday afternoon consisted of unpacking and actually making it to Shabbat services.  Saturday, Brian was in heaven because as he ran to pick up bagels, look what he found in the parking lot:

1950 something pick-up: Brian's next car
1966 Shelby Cobra
There were more, but I don't know what they are so they don't get posted ;~)

On Satuday we finished unpacking as much as we could, while Brian's temp roommate moved his stuff in.  Chad- who also went to ASU and started a job with McCarthy- will be living with Brian for a week or two until he can move into his apartment.  I'm glad that he has company!  Saturday night we checked out the local movie scene in Las Vegas (aka Regal Theaters) and saw Now You See Me.  Still not sure what I thought about it, but if our lives from Phoenix transition smoothly, we'll be spending a lot of time in that theater!

Sunday was more errands, cleaning, napping, and saying goodbye.  While I already miss Brian like crazy, I am so glad to know that everything is going so well in Las Vegas and that I'll have a home to return to in just four short weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment