Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sh'BBQ

As promised, a Shabbat update.  On Friday, we dropped my mom off at the airport and headed over to Ner Tamid for services and a Sh'BBQ!  We recently officially joined the congregation (like two days before) and were very excited to show our faces and meet some new people.

Services were nice- I even really like the cantor!- and I made the most of the opportunity to chat with those around me at dinner.  Lucky me, I sat next to a very nice rich older lady who spent quite a while telling me about her first french kiss, with some impressive parenting advice sprinkled in.  Brian, on the other hand, spent some time talking with a very nice couple, probably about our parents' age, who also recently joined the temple.

Next week?  Ice cream social after services.  I'M IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment