Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Johnny Challenge Week 1

So last Wednesday (it took me a while to get the video working and post this, sorry) I got a happy New Years email from dog trainer Leah (as opposed to baby Leah) detailing all the new classes the Dog House Training Academy is going to have this year. I'm slightly disappointed dog trainer Leah didn't move to Las Vegas with us because for $99 a class (either 6 or 8 weeks) Johnny got a good physical and mental workout for an hour a week and we were held accountable for practicing the new skills. There are so many of the current classes I wish we could sign up for!

Dog trainer Leah also presented a challenge for her students: each week she will post a new skill and the owners are to take pictures or videos of their dog completing this challenge. Each video or picture is worth some points which can be exchanged for some pretty cool things. Unfortunately the rules specifically exclude non-Arizona residents which is a bummer, but Johnny and I decided we're up for #dhta #52weeks challenge anyways. 

So in an effort to make this blog a little bit more about its namesake, I present weekly challenge number one: "down stay make a circle around your dog while holding eye contact"


PS- I'm sure I've said this before in previous posts, but we would highly recommend dog trainer Leah to anyone in Phoenix looking for obedience training (or other types of dog training).  You can find more information here or here.

No comments:

Post a Comment