Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Prozac Puppy

Well I have pretty much failed the Johnny challenge I set for myself.  It's truly a lesson in motivation and reinforcement- I cannot earn points for cool things from dog trainer Leah, so I haven't done it.  However, I DO have Johnny pictures and a Johnny update.

After an hour and a half wait at Johnny's new doctor's office (seriously!? I don't wait that long at the pediatrician!), I met with the vet about medicating Johnny.  With the possibility of me going back to work in the next few weeks, we need to try something new with this guy.  He's cute, he's funny, and he's (still) a mess.  The house we are in now does not allow for us to block off any area for Johnny when we're gone, so he pretty much has full reign and therefore many more opportunities to wreak havoc when we're gone.  So what does this mean?  Johnny started taking Prozac.

Waiting at the Vet
It's been a bit of a mess so far- we got capsules instead of tablets as they were significantly cheaper, but much more difficult to split in half so that Johnny can get the correct dose.  But he's been on the meds for three days now and they are definitely wiping him out.  No difference yet in the anxious whiny bark he has all day every day, but we did go out to dinner last night and came back to a clean house.  Not yet prepared to attribute it to the medicine (and no, I did not take baseline data although I did think about it), but who cares!  I'll take a non-destroyed house any day.

(Appropriately) Snuggled with his Tizzi
Watching Leah
On our way to Red Rock Canyon
Umm, whose bed is this?
Night One with Prozac

No comments:

Post a Comment