Sunday, November 8, 2015

Thankful for Generous Friends

I wish I had kept track and had some comparisons because I think the actual numbers make this fact even more amazing, but in Leah's two years I have basically spent $0 on clothes for her. It's not really true of course- I bought two packs of socks and a "winter" coat for her on Friday- but in the grand scheme of things, with the hundreds of things she has available to wear in any given size through 3T, the large majority are hand-me-downs. And I am so incredibly thankful. Your generosity has made a huge difference in our lives these last two years. 

I don't like shopping- although I like it more than I used to- but I am pretty sure I could spend all day and all paycheck on shopping for Leah. It's even better when I get to shop for free in a box that shows up on my doorstep. Kids clothes aren't cheap. They get too small and too messy too fast to spend too much money on them; hand-me-downs are definitely the way to go.

Accepting hand-me-downs is definitely one of my two pieces of unsolicited advice I give new moms. (The other? Don't skimp on a chair for the nursery!)

Shout out to the three families who have supplied me and continue to supply me with Leah's wardrobe. I am thankful for you (and thankful for your style)!

Hand-me-down dress, and super cute!

Hand-me-down shirt... and pants... and shoes (x2)!

No comments:

Post a Comment