Friday, February 21, 2014

Easter Seals

I am officially a working woman!  I just finished my first week back at work and it went pretty well, albeit exhausting.  I forgot how much more tiring it is to wake up even a few hours earlier each day!

Our mornings this week went fairly well- I got out of the house with everything I was supposed to (including Leah), when I wanted to, and made it to work with time to spare.  I'll chalk that up as a success.

Our evenings were a little iffy-er as my compulsiveness wanted everything completed the night before, and I wanted to shower, and I had to feed Leah, and I had to pump, and I just wanted to go to sleep at like 7:00 with Leah.  They were ultimately successful evenings, just not quite as early as I was planning.  I know it will get easier and faster and we'll just figure it out and get used to it!

My work days have been pretty good.  I don't have a computer yet and it was a kind of weird week (like there were a lot of special events this week), but I've met a lot of people and have gotten started on training stuff.  There is SO MUCH to learn.  It's different working for an organization that provides state services rather than private services- so much paper work.  It's kind of nice how systemized everything is... is that even a word?  Like at SARRC there were SO MANY systems with the intent to make things simpler, but it turned in to too many in both number and differences between each different one.  Everything is really streamlined with state services.  Other times, I feel like I am still working for SARRC, like when the new printer broke down the first day we had it ;~)

I miss SARRC, no doubt about that.  There are things I've seen this week that I want to share with SARRCies because I think it will benefit them, and there are things that I've seen that I know SARRC does better and I want to help Easter Seals improve.  Ultimately, I'm excited to figure out what the hell I'm doing on a daily basis, getting to know people, and making a difference.  It certainly is difficult being the newbie again!

Looking forward to week two!

Missed this girl all day, every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment