Wednesday, February 12, 2014

First Day of School

Today was Leah's first day of school! We woke up verrrry early so that Brian could drop her off with me and not be too late to work... And to practice for our early mornings next week.
It was cold outside this morning and all other jackets were in the laundry!

Drop off went well. I cried a little bit when I handed her off, but it wasn't because I was nervous or scared. If I was crying for those reasons then this would not be the right place for Leah. I cried because I have so loved these last four months at home with my sweet baby girl. Because someone else gets to see her smile all day. Because she might roll over for someone else before she does it for me. Because it's a big step, a big change, and that's scary. 

Brian led me right out of the classroom as soon as we handed her off and we got one last glimpse as we left. I think he got a little emotional too. Leah seemed to be looking right at us as we walked away, but there were no tears (Leah's) so I was happy.

I stayed super busy all day. After coming home to pump (my life of pumping to survive has begun!), I had a dentist appointment. After that, I headed to Avigail's for craft day (why did we start this like two weeks before I go back to work?). I love, love, love the bibs and burp cloths she has made for Leah and the burp cloth made today. 
Bibs from Avigail!
Burp cloth (That's navy, not black. I would never use mizzou colors)

After crafting, I got fingerprints for work, checked out some neighborhoods before deciding if we want to look at homes in the area, mailed Leah's Valentine's Day gift to her Grandpa (check your mail, Micah!), and then went to pick her up. 

To say I was happy to see her is SUCH an understatement! She got a great report and had no problems drinking from a bottle. Pooped on her outfit though... Some things never change. 

Hanging at home after school
Sleepy girl!

We're excited for day two tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment