Thursday, February 6, 2014

Friends Forever

Sometimes you meet someone and you know they will be your friend forever.

Sometimes you meet someone, go to their eighth birthday party, not be too fond of each other in the early part of middle school, bond over paddle boat rides through the canals of Galveston, and you know they will be your friend forever.  That's my Lauren!

Time zones don't keep us from talking on a fairly regular basis (although we were much better pre-children and pre-moving to Las Vegas), but they do keep us from seeing each other.  I was so happy when Lauren told me that she had a meeting scheduled in Las Vegas and she wanted to come visit with her family.  Brian and I went to Atlanta when Hannah was only six weeks old and now she is almost two!  Time flies and our families sure have changed, but it was like we had never left each other.

Having a 22 month old here was a wonderful glimpse into my future.  We were laid back when it came to scheduling and activities, and had a fun time hanging out at home.  I loved seeing Leah's toys actually being used (although I know it won't be long until she starts playing with them) and Hannah loved Baby (and her hat and shoes)!

We spent some time at the park.


We spent some time on the strip.  It was exhausting.


We spent some time at the Hoover Dam.


But mostly we spent a lot of time together and I loved every minute of it.  It is fun to think that our girls will actually be able to play together next time they see each other next.  It stinks saying goodbye, especially when I know it may be a few years until I see my best friend again, but we will be in touch as always.


Lauren, I miss you so much!  I am so thankful and happy that you and Bryan and Hannah came to visit.  We will see each other soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment