Saturday, July 6, 2013

Last Day

Sitting inside a mostly empty house while Brian and some friends are in the garage packing/cleaning the last little bit. No tv, books, or computer so it seems like as good of a time to reminisce as any.

Brian bought this house after we had been dating only four months, so I had very little say in it, and I was not a part of the buying process at all. He worked so hard to buy it, and I remember how proud of him I was! It definitely took me a while to love it after I moved in- the house was so big and there was so much I wanted to do, but it was hard to do anything without money. Little-by-little, and especially after our wedding, the house started to feel like home.

Oh the plans I had for a nursery! And the plans Brian had for the backyard! As soon as he finished school and started working again we were going to move forward, and we were going to raise our family here.

Much like the rest of our time together, things didn't go quite as planned. But we've gotten pretty good at handling these surprises and changes like champs. We've learned to find the good. 

We're lucky- We are going to raise a family and Las Vegas is a really nice place to do that. We have a really great rental house. Brian has a job that he loves, and I'm making connections and finding work.  We are excited about moving up (north) and out. Lots of opportunities to look forward to!

I hope that the next people who live here (PLEASE, someone buy our house) have or start a family and enjoy the house like we did and wanted to. I hope they appreciate the built-in shelves Brian put together, and I hope they have a pool table. I even hope they have a dog! Mostly, I hope they're happy here.

We'll be back and drive our kids down the street one day and talk about all the memories we have. 

Catch ya later, Barwick. It's been real. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you Aronsons!! I will miss you all the time, stay in touch!! and of course Go Devs!!!

    ReplyDelete