Sunday, July 28, 2013

Shabbat Sh'Just the Two of Us

I am always thankful for visitors; this Shabbat I was thankful for no visitors.  It was so nice enjoying Shabbat and the rest of the weekend with just my little family.

As I mentioned in a previous post, Wednesday night Brian and I went to pub quiz night with NextGen, the 20s and 30s group at Congregation Ner Tamid.  I enjoyed our time with Brian's friend from BBYO that lives here, but we didn't really meet anyone besides his girlfriend.  It was an interesting evening, and I think getting there a little earlier next time will go a long way.  We're definitely up for trying again!

On Friday, we went to services at Ner Tamid and filled out the paperwork to join the temple.  Everyone there was so friendly and welcoming, and we're super excited about joining and meeting new people.  There's a new/prospective member Sh'BBQ in a couple of weeks that I think we'll be sure to attend.  I also plan on hitting the young couples up for suggestions for pediatricians and infant care!  It was just a really good night with enjoyable services, a great young rabbi with lots of connections to me and Brian (she grew up in Phoenix, but went to GFC for camp!), and a handful of really friendly people who seemed to be about our age.  There were a lot of really friendly old people too, and every single one of them seemed to know for sure whether Obi is a boy or a girl!

We finished out Shabbat with a trip to a new dog park- complete with doggie splash pad!- cleaning/unpacking the last of the boxes out of the baby's room, and a really delicious dinner.

I also got an email that says my Master's degree will officially be awarded on August 8th.  FINALLY!!

Such a great low-key day!

Shabbat Nap

No comments:

Post a Comment