Thursday, July 18, 2013

T-12 Weeks

How is it that I am working less than a quarter of the hours I was working in Phoenix, yet life seems crazier and busier than ever?

BABY-

28 Weeks
I need to find a better spot in my new house for weekly pictures, even though there aren't that many left!  Things have been going well with Obi over the last week.  I had my glucose screen late last week and it all came back normal (Phew!  I can make more of those delicious brownies!), but the doctors did say my iron levels are low.  Just add another supplement to the nightly regimen and I should be good to go!  I have my first follow-up appointment next Wednesday, and I am very anxious to meet my new doctor.  Just keep drinking, just keep peeing, just keep enjoying the movement, and sleep while I can - that's my game plan right now!

LAS VEGAS-
Oh man, I don't even know where to start with telling you about our new lives over this past week.

Last Thursday I met with a family that I got connected with via SARRC, and worked out a schedule to work with one of their children for 12 hours/week.  I started on Monday and it's been a great experience so far.  The family is really nice, and the child is such a smart, sweet boy.  I'm looking forward to getting over the "get-to-know-you" phase and working on more goals.

On Friday I met with another SARRC connection, a BCBA here in Las Vegas.  While nothing specific came out of the meeting (other than some great tips on meeting people while pregnant and new here), we will definitely be keeping in touch, and as her company grows it may be something for me to look in to.

This past weekend, Brian's parents came to visit.  It's definitely different hosting them rather than going out of town for a weekend with them, but it's something we'll all have to get used to!  We had a nice Shabbat dinner, checked out the Mob Museum on Saturday afternoon, and had a great brunch buffet on Sunday morning (seriously: brunch + buffet = 2 of my favorite things!).  We'll see you again soon!

Tuesday I met up with a new friend of a friend.  Once I finally made it there (long story for another time), I really enjoyed myself!  It was good company, good food, and I learned a lot about other parts of Las Vegas on my journey (aka drive) there.  I am looking forward to meeting up with her again soon!

Wednesday (I told you I've been busy!) I met up with a moms' group that I found on meetup.com.  It was so out of my comfort zone in so many ways, but I think I will push myself to join them at more events.  There were about 6 other moms there, and they meet up twice a week or so.  I think with more opportunities to hang out, they are good potential friends to have!

Now, Sara's here!!  Shout out to Sara on her 25th and a half birthday today!  Love you Sarar; I promise to write a blog post all about our time together once you leave :~)

JOHNNY-
Such a good boy, even though I am pretty sure he didn't sleep last night.  We checked out a new dog park earlier this week, and I'm hoping to make it out to another one this weekend.  Also on the agenda, introducing Johnny to Doggie Depot so that we can both have a much needed reprieve from each other.

Also in Johnny news, against every thing I ever said about dogs and humans, Johnny is now allowed on couches and beds.  It started while Brian was gone and I discovered how much better Johnny and I got along when I wasn't always telling him to get off the furniture.  Well, the trend continued and I really think that's why he's been so well-behaved here.  He chills on the furniture, using whatever he can find as a pillow (see below) and is a happy, calm dog.  A happy, calm dog = a happy, calm Dana.  It works (Mom, get over it).

Using Obi as a pillow

1 comment:

  1. Loving the updates. You look so preggo in a good way of course. Miss you already but vacation the week after you left SARRC was perfect. Talk to you when we are back in town.

    ReplyDelete