Thursday, December 12, 2013

Here's Johnny!

I'm so sad for this guy:

I've gotten called out numerous times this week because it's Johnny's blog and, well, there's been no Johnny. I'm not surprised this has happened- our lives have drastically changed the last nine weeks. But it does make me super sad, especially every afternoon right around now. 

The dog park is hard because Brian an I used to go together (who wants to go to the dog park by themselves?!), but I won't take Leah so that hasn't happened. 

Walks should be easy enough, but this week was a no-go because it was in the 30s and I am a wimp. Today it's much nicer, but Leah is passed out, a little pale, and just not quite right from her shots yesterday. Excuses or valid reasons? I'm just not sure. We all could use the exercise and fresh air, that's for sure! Maybe we need to go in the evenings because walks just aren't as nice alone either. Not to mention, the leash is no longer Johnny's strong suit (our fault), and the leash and stroller together are not mine. 

He's bored, lonely, and attention-seeking. I play hide-and-seek with food every once in a while, but if that's our only interaction I will only succeed in making him fat. We have child locks on our entertainment center doors (for Johnny, not Leah) to keep him out. This has been successful enough for two years, until now. Bored? Angry? How the heck did he learn to open those anyways??

Johnny is sweet and loving and such a warm friend to cuddle with... We just need to figure out how to include him in our lives again!  No need to go crazy- he is a dog after all- but enough to be fair to him. I think that will make everyone happier- my entertainment center doors included.





No comments:

Post a Comment