Friday, December 13, 2013

I Gave In

In my last post I was pretty adamant that I WOULD NOT take Leah to the dog park. Guess what we did last night?


Sure, Leah and I spent most of the time in the car so I could feed her, baby-steps! Just a few minutes out there was ok with me. She- and the dogs- did really well. There was this huge Great Dane (are there any Great Danes when such an  adjective would not apply??) named Isabel that was really interested in her, but a couple of sniffs was all she needed. Isabel's owner kept yelling at her to leave the baby alone but I mumbled back, "it's fine!" with a happy little smile on my face.   I would be so annoyed by someone who brought a baby to a DOG PARK and didn't want to be near the dogs, but that admittedly was a teeny bit me, especially when I could ride that dog back to my house. 

Like I said, baby-steps.  As long as Leah is ok staying in her stroller I think we will try it again... Especially because this happens:


1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! That was a huge great dane step, maybe a great dane puppy step. But a big non baby step if you ask me! Good for Johnny!

    ReplyDelete