Monday, December 30, 2013

2013

Triskaidekaphobia.  Fear of the number 13.  Bad luck?  Superstition?  Whatever it is, 2013 wasn't the best year for a lot of people.

2013 might be my new favorite number.

In February, I wasn't so sure... Brian lost his job only two weeks after we found out I was pregnant and that was scary and stressful.  Ultimately, however, it was one of the best things that could have happened.  Brian was able to focus on and do very well in his last semester at school (just ask him about his GPA).  He was able to interview with companies that he really wanted to work for.  In April, Brian was offered a job with McCarthy Building Companies and we made the decision to move to Las Vegas.  A few weeks later was one of the happiest moments of my life.  Brian graduated from ASU and I could not have been more proud of him.  He had great support in his concrete/construction program, worked so hard, and did so well!  I have also learned so much about concrete in the process- way more than I ever thought I would!

Moving to Las Vegas was absolutely, without a doubt, the best decision for us.  Sad things happened because of it- I had to leave SARRC, we left our Phoenix friends and family, we had to sell our house... but so much good came out of it too.  Brian is so happy with his job; I am making so many new friends and I am overall so much happier here than I was in Phoenix.  We're even in the process of looking for a house to buy.

In August, I finally received my Master's degree.  I still don't talk about it, but it is good news so it's worth mentioning.

Oh, and then there's this whole baby thing.  I was pregnant for most of 2013, so how could it have been anything but wonderful?!  I had a seriously easy pregnancy, a mostly flawless labor and delivery, and simply the best and most perfect baby in the world.  Leah's smile makes my heart melt as does watching her daddy interact with her.  She has grown and changed so much in the last 11 and a half weeks, ending our year on the most wonderful note.

I have the utmost faith that 2014 will be just as great, but more on that later.  For now, a look back at  2013:

March 2013- Our Second Anniversary
March 2013- Trip to Houston
April 2013- Johnny Turns 2!
May 2013- Brian's Graduation
May 2013- 19 Week Ultrasound
June 2013- Brian's Birthday Celebration!
September 2013- Raiding the Rock Vault
October 2013- Daddy's First Picture with Leah
November 2013- ASU v Arizona with Cousins... Go Devils!
December 2013- Smiling Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment