Wednesday, September 4, 2013

35 Weeks!

It's so surreal that I am 35 weeks pregnant today.  Only people close to giving birth are 35 weeks pregnant, and there's no way that could be me, right?  Wrong.

35 Weeks!
Last night Brian and I attended the first of three classes for the Prepared Childbirth series.  We went over the stages and phases of labor, what to bring to the hospital, how to count contractions, etc.  It was pretty helpful I think... the more I hear about how things are supposed to go, the calmer and more confident I think I will be when the time comes.

Fun fact of the night: 90% of the baby's head size comes from the father.  Brian has a HUGE head which means I am in BIG TROUBLE.  I'm supposed to push that thing out!

Got my flu shot today.  I never was big on those, and then when Brian and I started talking about trying to have a kid last fall/winter, I gave in and got one (we both did!).  I definitely did not want to be pregnant and have the flu!  This year, I need to do my best to protect my baby who will be completely unprotected on his/her own.  It takes 2-4 weeks for the vaccination to fully take effect, so I'm glad I got it early.  We strongly encourage any of you who would like to spend time with the baby to get your shots as well (flu and pertussis).  At class last night there were signs saying something like, "no shots, no kisses."  Brian and I hope we don't have to make the decision to be that strict because you all will make the decision on your own to get immunized and help us protect our baby.

If you think the flu shot can/will give you the flu, no worries... I was one of you, too.  You CAN still get sick, but it won't be from the shot.  Let me know if you have any questions about it; I'll spare you the soapbox now.

OB appointment on Friday.  I'll keep you posted if anything notable is said!

No comments:

Post a Comment