Friday, September 27, 2013

Avocados

Once upon a time I didn't like avocados. I wanted to like avocados, but I thought they were slimy and buttery and just too green. Anyways, I was determined to like avocados.

The interventionist in me took over I guess, because I started exposure therapy with myself. I mean, I forced myself to eat them over and over and I was determined that I would like them. And wouldn't you know it? It worked! I love avocados (when I pick good ones, but that's a totally different issue).

Why do I tell you this? Because I am determined to start nesting. Nesting means the baby will be here soon, right? I don't WANT to clean and scrub and clean and scrub some more right now (although with the change in weather I may choose a walk over the couch), but maybe, JUST MAYBE, nesting will be like avocados.

MAYBE if I clean and scrub enough, over and over again (exposure!), I will want to do it, and that will be considered official nesting and nesting equals baby.

But not until Tuesday (fingers- and legs- crossed for an October baby).


No comments:

Post a Comment