Monday, September 30, 2013

Confessions of a Pregnant Woman

I AM NOT TIRED.
I get between 8 and 9 hours of sleep each night.  I feel well-rested, I have sweet dreams, and even though falling asleep is not the most comfortable thing in the world, I have a great husband who very nicely puts up with my mound of pillows that has taken over more than half the bed (not to mention the dog being on the bed too, which is my fault).  I maneuver pillows for a bit, figure it out, and sleep.

PEEING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT IS NOT THE WORST THING ABOUT PEEING ALL THE TIME.
Paying for all the rolls of toilet paper is worse.  You should see how many I go through in a week.

MY BODY DOES NOT HURT THAT BADLY.
Sure, my feet and hip still get sore, but not nearly as badly or as often as they had been.  I wear better shoes and wear them more often and I'm doing fine.  My back?  I think the rods have actually helped to keep things feeling ok.

I DO NOT FEEL LIKE THE BABY NEEDS TO COME OUT NOW.
From what I hear, many women who are 38 weeks pregnant want the baby out NOW.  Yes, I'm anxious to meet my kid!  My body, however, does not need it out NOW.  I honestly thought I'd be a lot worse off at this point, but we are hanging in there just fine.

WE DO NOT HAVE NAMES PICKED OUT.
There's a list, sorta.  But if we really do name our kid Jaquobi Obi Aronson, don't judge.

I THINK I'VE HAD AN EASY PREGNANCY.
Sure, there was a week of ER visit + suckiness... and acne and Braxton Hicks and serious itchiness.  Sure, I'm probably going to have the most terrible of terrible pregnancies whenever we have a second kid to make up for this one.  Sure, I haven't gone through labor and delivery yet.  BUT... to the dismay of myself and to lots of other people, there just isn't too much I can complain about and that makes me happy and relieved.

39 week post/picture later this week... if I make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment