Thursday, September 5, 2013

Happy Happy

For as childish as I was being complaining about Rosh Hashanah being today, there really is no better way to start the new year than on the greatest day of the year. That's right, happy birthday to me!

I do miss spending today with friends- especially everyone at SARRC who always, no questions asked, celebrated my birthday like it was their own (and it is one of their own... happy birthday Amanda!).

I really enjoyed our first year of Rosh Hashanah services at Ner Tamid. Last night, Brian didn't get home from work until after 7:00 (welcome to the inconsistencies of the construction industry), so I opened up the streaming broadcast of services online and Johnny and I experienced them together... From the floor/couch... Without all the standing and sitting. Perfect for my swollen body!

Cantor and Rabbi going viral

Johnny, deep in prayer
Services today were pretty unfamiliar- they always are when you find a new place to go- but still wonderful. Rabbi's sermon was very entertaining and the shofar service was one of the best I've heard!

After a nice rest at home (and Brian working from his cell phone), we headed over to one of the Rabbi's homes for a late lunch. I was SO HAPPY to be invited somewhere- it was all I wanted for my birthday! Brian and I spent almost FOUR hours eating and schmoozing with seven other potential friends. Meeting them in a small, intimate setting will make going to larger events much easier and I think a lot better. 

Brian even made me a birthday cake, and they had candles for me! It made the day really feel like my birthday, and I love that. 

Hey, this cake's for me!

Off to the dog park and then to watch the second-to-last episode of Burn Notice everrrr. Oh, and go Sun Devils!!

No comments:

Post a Comment