Thursday, September 5, 2013

Last Hurrah Weekend

This Labor Day weekend was the last sure weekend Brian and I had to ourselves so we made sure to enjoy it!

The weekend started with taking Johnny to Doggie District for the night (I told you, we went all out), and a very special donut breakfast.  Then we headed to King Putt for a little friendly competition...



Brian's golf ball- in honor of the first day of college football
<insert blue ball joke here>




That's right, a "cannon".  This course was high tech.

That's right, you added correctly!  I beat Brian by HALF A STROKE!
After a delicious lunch and a nap, we headed to LVH for dinner and my first Vegas show- Raiding the Rock Vault.  Dinner in the Benihana Village was delicious, and a sight to see.



Surprise!  Fireworks!
Raiding the Rock Vault was essentially a rock concert, highlighting "life changing songs" from the 60s, 70s, and 80s.  The cool part is that the band is made up of real rock stars including Tracii Guns from Guns N Roses, and guys from bands like Asia, Bad Company, and Badfinger, among others.  Brian LOVED it and knew every, single song.  I was pretty impressed with my random rock knowledge, specifically Bryan Adams trivia.  It was definitely an entertaining and really fun show!





Sunday we picked up Johnny, only to find out that he opened the door to go outside and play while all the other dogs were eating their breakfast.  Still not quite clear on the whole story, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be surprised by it.  We spent the day with our tired puppy, and went to see 2 Guns later in the day.  The movie wasn't great, but I will definitely miss going to see movies all the time.  It's not something I did until I met Brian, and now it's something we enjoy together.

Monday we were pretty productive around the house and with baby stuff.  Monday night, we went back to LVH and the Benihana Village- this time to continue the Dana birthday tradition of tepenyaki at Banihana (as long as the birthday coupons keep coming, the tradition continues).  The food was delicious and entertaining, and the company was nice too.  I was full and happy!



Happy Birthday to Me!
A great ending to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment